Burrendong Wind Farm Update - November 2023
Environmental Impact Statement on exhibition
The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Burrendong Wind Farm’s development application has been lodged with the NSW Department of Planning and Environment and is on public exhibition from Thursday 16 November until Wednesday 13 December 2023.
The EIS and associated reports are available online from the Burrendong Wind Farm page in the NSW Government’s Major Projects Portal.
The EIS responds to the Planning Secretary’s Environmental Assessment Requirements (SEARs) and addresses all key environmental, social and economic impacts associated with the project.
Specialist technical reports in the EIS include:
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA)
- Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment (NVIA)
- Biodiversity Development Assessment Report (BDAR)
- Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessment (ACHR)
- Agricultural Impact Assessment
- Air Quality Assessment
- Traffic and Transport Impact Assessment
- Aviation Impact Assessment
- Telecommunications Impact Assessment
- Bushfire Risk Assessment
- Social Impact Assessment (SIA)
- Economic Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Surface Water Impact Assessment and Groundwater Impact Assessment
During the exhibition period any person can make a submission. Guidance on how to make a submission is also available on the portal and the deadline for submissions is 5pm, Wednesday 13 December 2023.
Community information session
A drop-in style information session will be held in Mudgee during the EIS exhibition period to provide interested community members with an opportunity to discuss the proposal with the project team. Copies of the EIS Executive Summary will also be available.
Time: Open from 3pm to 6pm, Friday 8 December 2023
Location: Parklands Resort & Conference Centre, 121 Ulan Road, Mudgee.
Everyone is welcome. Refreshments will be provided. To assist with catering please RSVP by Monday 4 December to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Burrendong Wind Farm Update - November 2023