In March 2021, Ark Energy reached an agreement with ACCIONA to acquire a 30% stake in the 923.4MW MacIntryre Wind Farm exercisable at Final Investment Decision. ACCIONA will develop, build, own and operate the project in partnership with Ark Energy.
The scale of MacIntyre Wind Farm makes it one of the largest onshore wind farms in the world today.
In April 2021, MacIntyre Wind Farm achieved a significant milestone, with development approval granted by Queensland’s State Assessment and Referral Agency (SARA) to build the project. The approval clears the way for the project to move to the next stage of development, with construction expected to start in the second half of 2021.
ACCIONA has secured a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with CleanCo Queensland for 400MW annually for ten years.
- Location: South-West of Warwick, Queensland, Australia
- Capacity: 923.4MW
- Wind turbine: Nordex Delta 4000-N163/5.7
- Target completion date: 2024
- Project configuration: 162 x 5.7MW turbines
- Tip height: Up to 285 metres
- Total investment of over A$1.5 billion
- Generate enough clean energy to power 630,000 homes
- Avoid 2.7 million tonnes of CO2
- Support Queensland’s goal of 50% renewable energy by 2030
- Create 360 new jobs during the project lifecycle
- Provide significant economic activity across the Goondiwindi, Southern Downs and Toowoomba Regional Council areas
- Facilitate A$450 million of local spend during construction